Best & Cheapest Video Editing Software under $50 | online
Who says that one can’t get a video editing software of great quality for $50. I have used many editing software during my initial days of video upload on Youtube. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the right advice then. I wish I could have read the article like this around five years back. Then probably I wouldn’t have used an expensive(>$500/year) online editing software. Let’s check some brilliant & cheapest editing software, online video editor under $50, and more for beginners.
Videos are the most effective marketing tool for businesses. These will help you design excellent content for marketing & other purposes.
I have a piece of important advice, for all new YouTubers, small businesses, startups & bloggers. That, do not buy the highly expensive software in your initial days, at the cost of your existence. However, if your pocket allows, you may choose any top-end beneficial tool.
Below mentioned tools are powerful enough to create professional-quality videos.
Markedly, we have found 10+ worthy Video Editing software and online editor, under or around $50.
- Best & Cheapest Video Editing Software under $50:
- Key Recommendations
- Video editing tools/software under $50: A Comparative study
- #1. Movavi Video Suite 2021
- #2. VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum
- #3. Filmora X
- #4. Powerdirector 365 windows version
- #5. Magix Movie Edit pro 2021
- #6. Pinnacle studio 24
- #7. ACDSee Luxea
- #8. Videopad: home edition
- #9. Kinemaster
- #10. VideoExpressions Platinum 3
- Wait, if your pocket allows…
Best & Cheapest Video Editing Software under $50:
Video editing tools/software under $50: A Comparative study
|Editor||Span||Price||Rating||Cons||Pros / Remark|
|Movavi Video Suite||Lifetime||$39.99||4.5||Blurring options can be improved||Precise color adjustment. Best value for money|
|Vegas movie studio 17 Platinum||Lifetime||$49||4.5||Slow rendering speed||Great to learn for editing|
|Filmora||Lifetime||$39.99||4.5||No advanced features||PC/mobile compatibility|
|VideoPad||Lifetime||$39||4||No cloud back-up||Easy video stabilization|
|Powerdirector 365||1 year||$51.99/year||4||Difficult text effects||Excellent color manipulation|
|ACDSee Luxea||Lifetime||$29.99/year & $79 Perpetual License||4||Ambiguous export process|
|Kinemaster||1 Year||$39.99/year||5||Lags with large files||Smooth chroma key|
|Magix movie edit pro-2021||Lifetime||$39.99/year||3.5||No tutorial||360-degree VR editing|
|Pinnacle studio 24||Lifetime||$49.95/year||4||Large set-up||Superb masking|
|VideoExpressions Platinum 3||Lifetime||$29.99||4.5||Lags with wireless||Advanced sound editing|
#1. Movavi Video Suite 2021
Cost: $39 One Time.
Movavi VS is really excellent video-editing software, which comes with many useful features. To point out, Movavi provides many super-useful features, which are not available with many other tools. Such as Screen recording, digitization of old content, conversion of media files, etc.
Features & Advantages:
- Supports both Windows & Mac.
- Easy to use & Fast content creation. Capable of making quality content for various purposes.
- High-quality conversion of Media files to other formats supports 180+ formats.
- Uses advanced features including cutting & merging clips, special effects.
- Smooth Screen recording, highly useful in educational & learning video making.
- Digitization of Videos from cassettes, VHS format.
- Also, get Movavi Screen Recorder & Premium Video to convert along with this. This combination could be quite useful for educational & youtube videos.
- Download Mac version from here;
- Download Windows version from here.
#2. VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum
Cost: $49.99 One Time
Important to realize that Sony VEGAS is now owned by MAGIX. In May-2016, Sony sold its major brands VEGAS, SOUND FORGE, and ACID to MAGIX Software. MAGIX VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum is the latest editor of the Vegas Movie Studio series. This downloadable software could be used on Windows.
Surely, it is great software with advanced features for beginners.
Features & Advantages:
- Only Windows option.
- Creates professional-level content.
- Power-user mode allows access of a complete set of professional tools including – powerful motion tracking, stabilization with working at a faster pace.
- Auto-save & backup after every edit.
- User-friendly interface.
#3. Filmora X
Cost: $49.99 per Annum recurring charges
This is the leading cheapest yet quality software, not only for beginners but also for intermediate-level creators. Filmora X comes from the house of Wondershare. Filmora X is Power-packed with hundreds of effects, a much lesser learning curve, able to create professional-quality content. Moreover, the latest software allows you to organize your content in an effective manner.
You would be surprised to learn that Filmora X is able to make normal videos look professional & cinematic.
Though Filmora X comes in a recurring pricing model of $49.99/Annum, which can sum up to an unnecessary increased price if you continue for 2 or more years. Therefore, we suggest you pay One-Time charges of just $79.99 for a lifetime. As can be seen, it is quite logical!
Features & Advantages:
- An amazing editor that produces movie-quality videos.
- Easy to learn.
- Excellent audio capability.
- Easy to upload on social media platforms & video platforms like Youtube & Vimeo.
- Content production with fast speed & minimizes the efforts.
#4. Powerdirector 365 windows version
Powerdirector 365 by CyberLink is efficient and powerful editing software. Must be remembered, it lets you access a gigantic stock library filled with pictures, clips, music, and more. Particularly, it is very useful if you use it to professionally edit your content. Surely this Royalty-free stock media is quite useful in making Youtube or marketing videos.
The edited content on Powerdirector is glitch-free, dynamic, and eye-pleasing. You don’t need special training. Just spend a while using Powerdirector’s keyframes, audio-visuals, and overlay features. And you’ll find yourself producing motion-rich & smooth cinematic videos.
- Advanced color manipulation and grading
- Real time previews
- Tricky title cards
- Occasional watermark bug
- Why to pick:
Most users of Powerdirector 365 report that it replaced most premium video editing and conversion tools for them, saving time, money, and effort.
- Pricing: $51.99/year
#5. Magix Movie Edit pro 2021
Now we’re talking futuristic, the Magix movie edit pro is a tough competitor of premium video editing software in some aspects. You wouldn’t find Multicam, advanced audio settings, 8k support, and motion tracking anywhere else in this budget. The entire control panel and options tabs are fully customizable and can be oriented any way you like to make you feel at home. It accepts external plugins in case you require more features to build the masterpiece you’re working on. The areas where it needs work are that there are no tutorials or lessons to teach you how to operate and the import settings are highly complicated.
- 360-degree video editing
- Movie templates
- Multiformat editing
- Real time preview not available
- No tutorials
- Why to pick:
Despite having no tutorials to teach and a vaguely designed interface, Magix movie editor has everything a pro editor can dream of in this budget, all you need is a little experience.
- Pricing: $39.99 one time (discounted)
#6. Pinnacle studio 24
You can call Pinnacle studio a simpler version of the final cut pro x build to fit in everyone’s budget. The interface of Pinnacle is clean, minimal, and contains very little on the main screen giving you a lot of extra space on the editing screen but that doesn’t mean it’s in any way short of features, it is loaded with them, you just have to put some extra effort before you find Masking tools, Multicam, a color vectorscope, and hundreds of preloaded special effects. Its masking tools were found extremely useful in crafting realistic 2D & 3D special effects in my testing.
- Easy import feature
- Highly efficient masking
- Fast rendering
- Takes up too much storage
- Unstable VR
- Why to pick:
Pinnacle is a studio far ahead of its time and releases new updates frequently. With a little bit of practice, you can start building your own 3D and VR videos without spending much.
- Pricing: $49 one time
#7. ACDSee Luxea
Cost: $39 for lifetime license & one year of free technical support and update. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
ACDsee is one of the best and cheapest editing software under $50, with powerful features. Though it can not be compared with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro. However, it provides most of the comparable features. Hence, I can safely say that ACDsee is a powerful multi-utility tool for beginners & intermediate video makers.
ACDsee VS 4 comes with an easy-to-use interface, which can be mastered in much lesser time than other equivalent tools.
Features & Advantages:
- Editing & Recording.
- Direct uploading to Youtuber and Vimeo.
- Arrange, edit, split, trim, and merge audio and video recordings & still images.
- ACDsee Studio 4 allows you to enrich editing with captions, audio effects, watermarks, filters and make custom selections.
- It can produce the 4K quality videos.
- Social media sharing feature within the application.
#8. Videopad: home edition
Videopad is an excellent choice for youtube creators trying to find a stable video editing software with easy export and conversion settings. You can create all sorts of videos using Videopad’s home edition including face cams, screen recordings, and GIFs. It supports up to 4k resolution and is packed with features to create visually rich content. I found its editor a little slow but it anyway does the job. What stood out the most is the auto stabilizer feature that eliminates the bumpy effect.
- Auto stabilization
- Copy or burn videos into CDs
- Free themes
- Slow video conversion
- No cloud support
- Why to pick:
It’s a perfect editing software for under $50 for basic editing and YouTubing. The auto stabilizer, 360 editings, and brilliant quality add more value to it.
- Pricing: $39.99 one time
I’m gonna say it out loud, Kinemaster is the best video editing software for mobile. And very few competitors come close to the level of editing Kinemaster has the potential of. In my personal experience, I had the best chroma key experience with KInemaster. You can cut, split, trim the clips and add Music/voice-over/sound over them. Media including images, videos, stickers, and animations can be flawlessly layered over each other giving rise to professional-level editing.
- Premium asset store
- Chroma key
- Mobile & PC compatibility
- No support staff
- Can’t handle large files
- Why to pick:
Kinemaster offers basic editing services plus a chroma key free to use, you only have to pay when you have to use the premium asset store filled with everything from stock media to VFX.
#10. VideoExpressions Platinum 3
Use Video Expressions Platinum 3 to make or edit awesome audio-visual content and post it directly on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform you’re active on.
Most elements are right on the dashboard and can be assembled using a simple drag and drop method. Editing sounds was never as easy as this (at least not in my experience).
- Great sound editing feature
- Direct uploads
- Limited to basic features
- Performance deficiency with wireless devices
- Why to pick:
Most beginners prefer editing software with easy to use interface, rapid rendering, and light setup. VideoExpressions Platinum offers a nice mix of all these factors at a price you can’t deny.
- Pricing: $29.99 one time
Learn more: individualsoftware.com/?product=photo-expressions-platinum
Wait, if your pocket allows…
You might consider the best tools under the given price range if you have a budget:
Cheapest Video-editing software with Recurring charges
- Adobe Premiere Rush: Excellent editing software from Adobe. Works on PC & Mobile phone. Subscription plan for individuals – $9.99/month.
- RenderForest: Its an SaaS based online editing tool. This powerful tool is packed with all features required for professional use. Renderforest allows you to create videos for free. Paid Subscription plans starts from $15/month. It’s Super easy, Perfect for individuals, small & medium businesses, startups.
Best under $70
- Corel VideoStudio Pro 2021: Though it comes in $79, with applicable discounts, you may probably get it under $70.
- Magix Movie Edit Pro– If you can stretch your budget from $50 and by putting some additional bucks, you can get a fast and straightforward Editing tool. This will cost you around – $69.99
- Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2021 – $99.99 One Time
You may also check these posts –
- List of Best editing software tools under USD 100
- List of Best Lightweight Editing Software
Don’t expect the below-mentioned tools to be in the range of cheapest tools, except one.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC: It is the undisputed leader. Pricing – single app – $20.99/month.
- Apple Final Cut Pro X: This is the first choice of Mac users, however, it comes with a bit of a learning curve. Pricing – $299.99, one time.
- Da Vince Resolve: However it’s completely free of cost, a great learning curve will be there. Additionally, you must be passionate enough to create top-notch content & editing work.
You may also like these posts
- 10+ Free & Premium Web-Design Resources & tools: Are They Capable of Easing Your Work?
- Template monster vs Themeforest: What should I Choose?
- Template Monster review | Truly a designer’s companion
- Know, why Envato Elements is best! Subscription Reviews
- Best Marketing tools for startups, small business
- Best Thumbnail Maker for Youtube
- 5 Best online Article Generator |Auto Content creator/writer
- 5 Best Websites for Royalty-free Images, music, videos