Whether you are hoping to dive into the industry of motion graphics or you are just a beginner in the field, there are always certain options that you can start with. These will not only help in making your job much easier but also improve your vision to a great extent. We have mentioned some of the best motion graphics software & platforms that are highly trending in 2022.
It is worth noting that one can see a fresh element of motion graphics software getting released almost every other week. With having so much variety available today, you might get a feeling that it will probably take a lifetime for you to find out and test all of them.
While there’s no denying the fact that every motion graphics platform is crucial, you should try all of them to boost your creativity.
Apart from changing between various kinds, you must be acquainted with the different improvements that are being globally made.
Having said that, in this article, we are aspiring to make your work a little easier. Keep in mind to prepare yourself with a nice artistic vision and ace some (if not all) of the below-mentioned tools in the nicest way possible. Further, choose the most appropriate one for yourself.
- Motion Graphics
- Best Motion Graphics Software
- #1. Adobe Photoshop
- #2. Cinema 4D
- #3. Nuke
- #4. After Effects
- #5. Adobe Illustrator
- #6. Premiere Pro
- #7. Houdini
- #8. ZBrush
- #9. Blender
- #10. Maya
- #11. Apple Motion
- #12. Filmora
- Other Notable Players to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Motion graphics, in simple words, refers to an infographic that is implied to refine complicated data and propose it in a manner that can be absorbed with relative ease. Because it features animated components, it manages to deliver conventional infographics in active interaction as well as movement.
When done adequately, motion graphics will make sure that whatever project you are working on becomes a lot more pleasing and convincing. But when you make use of interactive elements in your project, only then it truly comes to be an interactive visualization.
What makes motion graphics truly good?
Motion graphic becomes good in the true sense when it delivers a nice story while using plenty of visuals that will help to bolster and back it up.
On the contrary, bad motion graphics may refer to the one that makes use of various skips, breaks, gaps, undue data, as well as illogical messages. Besides these, it may also include unmatching headlines or any other elements that may stave off what’s being intended to pass across.
If you wish to avoid any kind of issues with the motion graphics you will need to engage only those people who you truly trust and will examine your graphics and provide you with an honest review. In case they notice any element that looks confusing they must advise you to work on it again or just edit it accordingly. However, as motion graphics are a bit heavy to revise, you may want to take your time.
Best Motion Graphics Software
Now without any further ado, let’s look at the Best Motion Graphics Software & Platforms.
#1. Adobe Photoshop
Being one of the leading Photoshop as well as editing software for years in the global market, this groundbreaking application by Adobe has gone on to enhance throughout the years.
Whether you desire Photoshop, 3D editing, or picture editing, this is one of the best software you are going to find. Both photographers, as well as designers, have always found that it provides everything that they want in software. It will help you in building graphics and designs with great ease and a customizable interface.
You can not only design your custom layout panels but also select out of the targeted workspace layouts including Graphic, 3D motion, Web, and others.
- Photography plan for 20 GB starts at $13.14/month & for 1TB starts at $26.30/month.
- The single app plan starts at $27.62 per month
- All app plan starts at $69.72 per month
- It provides numerous photo creation as well as manipulation tools.
- There are tools provided for mobile and web designing.
- Features 3D design capability
- Cloud documents as well as Synched library
- Premium assets in the software are not reasonable.
- There is no option for perpetual assets.
#2. Cinema 4D
This software was developed by Maxon Computer and released in 1996. And has gone to become increasingly popular around the world. This can be applied to all of you who are just diving into digital arts.
If we talk about VFX, rendering, or motion graphics, Cinema 4D is certainly one of the nicest software you will find out there. While it’s a bit costly, it is packed with nearly everything that you are going to need for motion graphics.
Whether you are proficient or just a learner, it will assist you in creating some of the most amazing artworks. The good thing is that it comes with a 42-day trial which is free of cost. Thus, you can simply download it to first see whether it works the best for you.
- The free plan is completely free of cost.
- For quote based subscription plan, you will need to get in touch with the vendor.
- It is a powerful software for those who are looking for excellent results
- Features a great range of features as well as tools
- Provides four variants for fulfilling the needs of designers, artists as well as architecture
- Built for not only professionals but also beginners
- Extremely stable
It’s a bit costly in comparison to its other competitors.
If you are someone searching for a cutting-edge toolkit for your editorial, node-based composition as well as review, then this one is certainly one of the best software you can get.
Nuke provides the users with a flexible workflow that makes sure that they get only the best results. And that too as fast as possible.
It is worth mentioning that it is used all around the globe in leading television as well as motion pictures. Moreover, it is usually the best pick for skilled motion graphic corporations.
- Flexible compositing toolset by Nuke costs $4,988
- Advanced compositing toolset by Nuke costs $9,298
- Render license by Nuke costs $559
- Hiero’s editorial timeline by Nuke costs $10,000
- Nuke is a node-based software which means that it makes room for simple iteration.
- Attach up to 10 varied nodes to the spectator
- Real 3D work environment
- Plenty of effective tools provided for the users
- It is slightly expensive as compared to others on the list.
- It is probably not going to be your perfect choice for graphics.
#4. After Effects
Popularly recognized as AE, this one is a very nice motion graphic software that can prove to be worthy. It features a wide range of tools and helps you in changing, animating, and using media in not only 2D but also 3D Space.
This implies that the 2D designs that are built in a program like an illustrator may be utilized in such a manner that they formulate motion graphics.
Since this software has been created by Adobe, it has much in common with other tools developed by the company.
So if someone is searching for the absolute tool for developing slick motion graphics as well as incredible animations, this may be your best bet.
- Monthly subscription plan costs $29.99 per month for a Single app
- Annual subscription plan costs $19.99 per month for a Single app
- Annual subscription plan (prepaid) costs $239.88 per year for Single app
- Features modern tools
- Comparing with Premiere Pro
- Enhanced performance
- Lacks real-time features
In comparison to Adobe Photoshop that functions truly well at pixel-based imagery, Adobe Illustrator is a refined motion graphics software that provides its users with a wide range of tools for designing.
It features an elegant as well as powerful tool for vector drawing. Illustrator can considerably help you in creating amazing graphics for your respective motion design.
It features full compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, macOS, as well as Windows 10. And is certainly one of the best software available out there.
- Single app subscription plan costs $20.99 per month
- All apps subscription plan costs 52.99 per month
- Features a user-friendly workspace
- Professional as well as a strong finish
- Reasonable price in case of limited use
- Extraordinary zoom
- Facilitated vector paths
- Can be slightly complicated to use for a beginner
- Developed for only Windows and Mac users
#6. Premiere Pro
In case you are searching for one of the nicest video editors for Personal use, then Adobe Premiere Pro is most likely the right choice for you. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this tool can incredibly come in handy for your work.
One aspect that makes this software extremely popular all around the globe is the fact that it has a significant feature set as well as a nonlinear interface for video editing. This platform helps you in transforming unprocessed shots into some of the nicest outputs.
With its bunch of tools, one can do a lot more than simply video editing. Whether you wish to add music, color, or anything else, this software comes with anything and everything that you wish to have in your ideal motion graphics software.
- Individual subscription plan costs $29.99 per month
- A business subscription plan costs $359.88 per year
- Students and teachers subscription plan costs $239.88 per year
- Schools and universities subscription plan costs $179.88 per year
- High-quality audio & video editing
- Effective work with numerous MacOS and Windows OS
- In-built non-linear video editing
- Support for distinct formats
- Real-time video content editing
- The software is available free for just 30 days
The next motion graphics software on our list is the one for artists who are working in VFX for movies as well as 3D animation. Houdini is a special effects animation that integrates everything to provide you with an incredibly effective platform.
In comparison to other animation tools on this list, this software pertains to a procedural workflow to make sure that your work is as perfect as possible.
Its technique makes room for numerous iterations. That helps you in making the type of transformations that you wish to have with relative convenience and comfort.
While it is mainly used for particle as well as dynamic environments, it features a toolset that will assist you in other important fields like animating, modeling, as well as rendering.
- Houdini’s Engine Workstation licenses cost $499 per year
- Houdini’s Floating Licenses for a single facility costs $795 per year
- Powerful tools for animating your characters
- Adjustable features
- Quick rendering
- Improved Hair as well as fur framework
- Saturate learning curve
ZBrush is a proficient 3D modeling motion graphics software. It is used in characters for giving them a reality as well as a smooth effect.
Unlike other software for 3D modeling, the ZBrush software will also help you in dragging and pinching the animation until it puts up with the exact form that you are aiming for.
Whether you’ve been doing this for a while or you’ve just started, Zbrush is one of the best tools. This is particularly true if you wish to get hands-on adventure in character animation as well as 3D modeling.
It also features an impressive and large interface that has almost every tool that you require.
- While ZBrush’s perpetual license costs $895, monthly & 6-month subscription plan comes in $39.95 & $179.95 respectively.
- Makes room for lots of creativity
- A great pick for hi-poly modeling
- Can truly mesh topology
- Constantly innovating and progressing
- Nicest support system
- The user interface can not be very user friendly
- It’s a little bit costly
Blender is another motion graphics software that is available free of cost and is currently used by various artists in the video editing world. Just like others, one aspect that you must be aware of about this software is that there is a lot to discover before you can truly master the skill of how to use it.
Featured with a lot of tools, the Blender software will help you in creating proficient 3D models.
The best thing about it is that whether you are merely starting with video editing or you’re endured enough it possesses anything and everything that you will need.
- A free plan for Blender is available for free
- Blender’s cloud renewal subscription plan costs $17 per month
- Cloud renewal automatic subscription plan costs $11 per month
- It accomplishes extraordinary work
- It’s free which implies that you don’t have to pay for anything
- It allows you in working out a lot of things
- Good user interface
- Lacks adequate motion capture support
Are you someone searching for an exclusively functional 3D platform to build 3D assets for not just television or films but also video games?
Then this software is perhaps the best pick for you.
For many years now, Maya has been one of the nicest 3D motion software that is available out there. While it’s largely used for developing television and video games, you can also use it nicely as motion graphics software.
It not only possesses the proficiency to refine high-end animation but also results in considerable success. Nonetheless, in case you are not someone used to working out with 3D software, you can find the user interface in Maya a little bit daunting.
Presently possessed by Autodesk, Maya is a software beneficial for developing applications including TV series, motion pictures, video games, and more.
Being one of the most reasonable software, Maya costs $1,545 for a year and even $195 for a month.
With its 30-day free editing trial, users can also choose to first test it out to check whether it is truly the best software according to their preferences and needs.
- It helps in making complex animation work relatively easy
- Valuable color management
- Develop realistic effects such as cloth simulations
- Outstanding rendering technology
- Has a 30-day trial available free of cost
- Its interface might feel a bit daunting
#11. Apple Motion
Packed with numerous features, Apple Motion has been an incredibly nice choice for users for a long time. Because it links pretty nicely with Final Cut Pro X, this one is certainly one of the most amazing software. This is surely worth trying out for all of you.
Besides that, it also features plug-ins as well as other features that one genuinely wishes to have in their software.
Whether you wish to develop pragmatic effects, fluid transitions, or perhaps cinematic 2D, this software is the one to have it all. If you expand these to its recent metal engine, you can also use them for creating back effects at extraordinary speeds.
Created particularly for video editors, it provides the users with a very nice user interface. Which helps in easily creating amazing transitions, titles, as well as several effects.
- Apple Motion costs $49.99
- The simplest software to use on this list by far
- Simple to learn treatment for motion graphics
- Pretty manageable default settings
- Elegant modern design
- A lot of third-party templates as well as stock graphics have been provided for use
- It may get a bit complicated to work out with layering in the software
- It may frequently crash
Filmora X is a video editing software that is relatively simple to use and features an intuitive user interface. Moreover, it comes with a great range of video editing tools, as well as tons of video effects. It is a great pick for beginner as well as intermediate video editors. Moreover, YouTube creators or anyone who is thinking of starting with their YouTube channel can make use of this software. In simple terms, it is a simple tool that is fairly easy to learn.
Whether you are a professional video editor or you just wish to get started in the domain of video editing or motion graphics, Filmora is one of the best video editors that you can learn and use.
Out of all the good things, the best part is that it comes with an extremely simple learning curve. This implies that you aren’t required to have extraordinary proficiency or skills to be able to use it.
To just start, you will only require the project that you plan to work on. Further, go on to try out whatever you keep finding in the video editor.
In comparison to other software, this one comes with several filters, titles, as well as text. That you can easily choose from.
This software will make room for fun while seriously learning as well as testing everything that you are supposed to learn at the same time.
- The annual plan for Filmora9 costs $39.99 per year
- A lifetime subscription plan for Filmora9 is a one-time payment that costs $59.99
- High-quality transitions as well as effects
- A very refined choice for the paid version
- Eye-pleasing and easy interface
- Incredibly simple to use
- It may get a bit difficult to find the transition
Other Notable Players to Consider
Adobe Animate is a great motion graphics software that allows its users to create key-framed graphics or animations. It is relatively easy to use with just basic knowledge and skill. Animate also helps the user in creating some of the most amazing as well as interactive animations with minimum skills of graphic designing.
2. Mocha Pro
Mocha Pro is a well-known motion graphics software. It is used for planar tracking, rotoscoping, as well as to object removal.
This software has been found with famous Academy and Emmy Awards for its offering to the television and film industry. Such offerings are critical to graphic effects and post-production workflows. The Mocha Pro software has recently been seen on numerous global hits. Such as The Mandalorian, Avengers: Endgame, Stranger Things, and a lot more.
Mason is an extensive 3d-animation software. It features a user-friendly as well as an intuitive interface for putting in new elements. The software has been incorporated with graphics games, movies, as well as architecture. The user can also choose to share their stories on youtube along with various other sites.
And with that, we wrap up our list of Best Motion Graphics Software & Platforms. All are truly incredible and highly trending in the modern world. Whether you are a newbie or an expert, it is important to choose the most appropriate software. But the whole process can usually feel a bit overwhelming.
While every tool available today is packed with its share of advantages, it’s undeniably important for you to try most of them out. And then see for yourself which one is the best pick for you. Keep in mind that the more you discover them, the more you are going to understand that they are relatively simple to use after all.
However, it is worth noting that it takes time, patience, and a lot of commitment if you truly wish to learn motion graphics software. Now that you are aware of some of the nicest software available out there for you. You shouldn’t waste any more time and start with your motion graphics journey as soon as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions
While motion graphics make use of animating graphical components where every element is utilized to deliver a particular message. The animation is a bit more objective as well as literal.
As a result, Motion graphics, come to be useful when you wish to formulate manifestations of the notions, keep the target audience hooked, and make them even more productive.
This makes room for more absorption of almost everything that one is passing across. However, in case you wish to generate entertaining or commercial content, the best way to go is animation in that case.
Lastly, motion graphics tend to be more carefree, whereas animation should be executed with a certain set of regulations to make sure that it’s truly believable as well as consistent.