The computer system is the place, where you spend most of the time. Most of the working professionals spend more time on a computer system than their families. You must give attention to the health of one of the closest allies, that is your computer. There are some essential software tools, which are very useful to increase the productivity and health of your PC/laptop.
These useful software tools are tried & tested and quite popular among professionals. Don’t expect them to be a free product or service. You have to pay some amount, in order to use them.
- Essential & useful paid software tools for your PC/Laptop
- #1. Backup and synchronization
- #2. Browser
- #3. Setting up Desktop email
- #4. Security, Data Cleaners & Secured Internet Access
- #5. Video/Audio Media Players
- #6. Graphics and Video Editors,
- #8. System Cleanup, Maintenance, Partition & other utilities
- #9. Communication, Sharing & Collaboration
- #10. Screen Capture, record
- #11. Other Important Lifestyle, Personalization Tools
Essential & useful paid software tools for your PC/Laptop
#1. Winmetry Utility Hub – a Swiss knife of softwares
Winmetry Utility Hub is a kind of swiss knife of software for your laptop/PC. It gives privacy, performance, and protection to your PC. Winmetry is a 9-in-1 software tool, which can easily replace 9 different software.
Features & Advantages:
- Speedup your system: Optimize PC performance With advanced system speedup, cleaner registry and disk enhances speed
- Boot Manager: Protection against windows error files, speedy Startup of Windows, better user friendly interface, allows user to boot system at anytime, resolves difficult issues using BCD, acts as a disk administrator and support both BIOS and UEFI firmware
- Uninstaller, which easily uninstall the unwanted softwares
- Password Wallet, to secure all important and critical passwords at one place
- Folder Locker, to lock your private and personal data and media files
- Connects you with the world through its global news coverage
- Easily convert and save your text files into audio.
- Duplicate Image Finder, which deletes all duplicate image files and reduces garbage data. Also it enhances your system performance.
- Youtube Downloader, converts Youtube videos into downloadable video files.
- Trial available with limited features.
- Works on Windows
- $48 per year for single device
- $114 for 3 years for single device
Duplicate Sweeper is a great tool to clean up your system from all duplicate files and folders. It scans your PC and finds all duplicate photos, music, video, documents, folders, and asks you to either delete or save with a different name on your PC. It can automatically delete your duplicate files.
Features & Advantages:
- Uses advanced search algorithm to detect the duplicate files, even with different names;
- Searches your cloud drive and finds them;
- Duplicate files sent to Recycle Bin (Windows) or Trash (Mac), in case if deleted by mistake, you can recover them.
- Comes in both Windows & Mac version
#3. iSkysoft PDF editor
PDF files have become an integral part of your documents. You need to do a lot of things with it like, editing, merging, securing, and much more.
iSkysoft PDF editor is good quality, yet affordable PDF editor for you.
Features & Advantages:
- Create & edit PDF Files
- Convert PDF
- Annotations and Comments
- Secure and Sign PDF Files
- Add watermarks and backgrounds of your choice
- Headers & footers
- Hundreds of PDF templates for readymade use
- $69 for perpetual lisence of iSkysoft PDF editor
MiniTool provides the world’s best software tools for home and business users. Its software is well-known for data recovery, partition management, data backup, and restore solutions.
More than 40 million MiniTool software are downloaded across the globe.
MiniTool offers these four software: Partition Wizard, Power Data Recovery, Mobile Recover, ShadowMaker.
Features & Advantages:
- Partition Wizard: Top ranking disk management software, which optimizes you computer discks.
- Power Data Recovery: Best data recovery software for Windows operating system. Combo pack comes with MacAfee Total Protection.
- Mobile Recover: Recover your Android & iPhone data. Windows & Mac option available. It is a free software.
- ShadowMaker: It is a professional backup tool and disaster recovery solutions for PCs, Servers and Workstations.
- Free Youtube downloader
- All software comes in two varients, for home and business users.
- Trial/free version available, check here.
- Partition Wizard: 1 device/1-year free upgrade $69.00 and 1 device/free lifetime upgrade/bootable media builder $89.00, along with McAfee Total Protection in heavily discounted price of $9.9 for 5 devices/1-year subscription.
- Power Data Recovery: 1 year upgrade service in $39 & lifetime upgrade service in $59.
- Mobile Recover: Available free.
- ShadowMaker: Pro lifetime licence $29, check all remaining options here.
When you purchase a computer or a laptop or maybe reinstall the operating system the first thing that you will require is installing software so that you can use your laptop or your computer. There is an endless number of Software available in the market for your laptop or computer but it is very necessary for you to understand which are the most needed and essential software for you. This entire article will help you and make you understand by giving you an overview of some very important software which you need based on your needs and requirements.
#1. Backup and synchronization
- EaseUS- For File & System online Backup: EaseUS data backup offers unique and strong data protection by creating and conducting differential, incremental, and scheduled backup tasks. It makes copies automatically and finally restores everything on your PC instantly. The user requires no extra effort and it can restore the system data instantly. Finally, enable the laptop or computer to work in a working state.
- AOMEI Backuper: This software keeps the files safe and retrieved on Laptops and PCs. It is enclosed with restore, backup, and also cloning features. When the system crashes this software will very quickly and with ease restore the PC back to normal state.
For Files, Media & Document Backup
- GDRIVE: Usually known as Google Drive is a file synchronization and storage service established by Google. Users have the option to store all their required files in the cloud and later synchronize the required files across different devices. G-DRIVE provides encrypted as well as secure access to the user’s files. It also scans the files and removes them whenever any spam, malware, phishing, or ransomware activities is detected.
- Microsoft Drive: Also known as OneDrive is a platform where a user can store all the files that are related to work or others. It offers a free online storage platform where the user can keep all the files in a secure and encrypted state from laptops and computers. With this online facility, the user can access it from anywhere and also share it with other devices of their choice.
- PCloud: PCloud is a file hosting service from Switzerland. It is accessible through a web interface and also through client software that runs on Windows, macOS, GNU / Linux, Android, and iOS. PCloud has been providing services like File Management, Sharing, File Versioning, and Backup since 2013.
- DropBox: It is a file hosting service. The service is operated by an American company Dropbox, Inc. Dropbox offers its users file synchronization, cloud storage, client software, and personal cloud. This service allows the user to keep all the files together in a single central place. This is done by creating a folder on the laptop or the computer of the user. All these folders where the files are stored are synchronized to Dropbox’s servers and also to all other laptops or computers where Dropbox is installed by the user.
- Elephant Drive: It is a storage virtualization service. This is basically used as an online backup tool. It also acts as a remote access collaboration tool. Users can store important documents and files in the cloud. Compared to other online backup options it has fast upload speeds, a continuous backup option and unlimited versioning.
- Chrome: Developed by Google, it is a cross-platform web browser. Google Chrome was established in 2008. This web browser is developed with free software elements from Mozilla Firefox and Apple WebKit. It was initially released for Microsoft Windows but later it was ported to macOS, iOS, Linux, and also Android. Chrome browser is the main constituent of Chrome OS, where it acts as the domain for all web applications.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is one of the most popular cross-platform web browsers which were developed by Microsoft in 2015. Microsoft Edge. It acts as a default web browser for Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 11 Mobile, Xbox Series, and Xbox One, and also X and Series S consoles. Browsing history, reading list, downloads, and favorites are viewed at the Hub (a sidebar).
- Mozilla Firefox: Also known as Firefox is a web browser created by Mozilla Foundation. It is a free and open-source browser. It has some unique features including full-screen mode, spell checking, tabbed browsing, smart bookmarks, incremental search, user profile management, a download manager, drag and drop bookmarking and downloading, bookmark exporting, bookmark tags, web development tools, screenshot tool, private browsing, and many others.
- Opera: It is a multi-platform web browser that was created by Opera itself. Opera was released on April 10, 1995, In recent times Opera is a Chromium-based browser. With the availability of its user interface and several other features, Opera distinguishes itself from various other browsers. The features in Opera include pop-up blocking, Speed Dial, private browsing, re-opening of all recently closed pages, tabbed browsing, and others. There is a unique feature in Opera called Snapshot which is a built-in screenshot tool. Also, there are tracking blockers, built-in ad blockers and image-markup tools.
#3. Setting up Desktop email
- Thunderbird: Thunderbird is an open-source and free cross-platform, email client, news client, personal information manager, chat client, and RSS created by Mozilla. Thunderbird manages multiple newsgroups, email, and news feed accounts. It also supports multiple identities that are there within accounts. Also, there are features like saved search folders, quick search, message grouping, advanced message filtering, and others.
- eMClient: eM Client is a macOS and Windows-based email client for managing calendars, contacts, notes, tasks and last not least for receiving and sending emails. Live Chat is integrated too. eMClient was primarily created as an alternative to calendar solutions and email clients. It also has features for mass mail, email advanced rules management, built-in translator for outgoing and incoming messages. eM Client also supports Quick Text, signatures, tagging, and categorization which helps for easy searching.
- MailBird: It is one of the desktop email clients which is used for Windows OS 7, 8, and 10. It is used for managing calendar events, sending and receiving emails, and also contacts from various email providers like Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Outlook, and others. MailBird also includes task management, social media, video-conferencing integrations, and file share are also included. Mailbird also supports all POP3 and IMAP accounts from various email providers like Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Outlook, and others.
#4. Security, Data Cleaners & Secured Internet Access
- LastPass: LastPass is a password manager that comes as a freemium service. It stores all your encrypted passwords online which are secured by one master password. It provides a user-set password hint which can be used when the master password is missing. The typical version of LastPass is developed with a web interface. Also, it has plugins for different web browsers and applications. It also has support for bookmarklets.
AntiVirus & Protection
- Bitdefender: Bitdefender is an internet security leader that delivers high-class threat detection, prevention, and response solutions worldwide. Protecting millions of users, businesses as well as government environments. It is regarded as the most trusted expert of the industry for removing all types of threats, protecting data and privacy, and also enabling cyber resiliency. Bitdefender was established in 2001 and in the present day it caters to users in 170 countries.
- Bullguard: BullGuard cyber security delivers entire protection for your computer and laptops. This new and advanced cloud protection technology has unique features that can detect all types of threats whenever they emerge in real-time. The Dynamic Machine Learning available will protect the users even when they are offline. The custom-built secured browser delivers top-level security and also provides tough protection when online payments or shopping are being done.
- McAfee: McAfee is a computer security software company based in San Jose, CA. This software provides a solution for desktops and virtual servers that works across all major hypervisors. McAfee is unbelievably unbeatable in malware detection and also cleaning. It also looks after the security of the user’s laptop and computers. It takes proactive protection from real-time threats and attacks.
- AtlasVPN: Atlas is a free VPN web browsing application that ensures private browsing by changing user’s IP addresses and also encrypting user’s connections. Atlas VPN reroutes user’s online traffic by an encrypted tunnel. It protects user’s computers and laptops against any type of online snooping from anyone and everyone, it can be online hackers to ISPs or governments. Atlas also masks the user’s IP address which will help the user from censorship with other available internet restrictions.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost is an online anonymization service which is operated by CyberGhost SA based in Bucharest, Romania. It is used through software clients developed in-house. It is used for Mac OS, Windows, iOS, Android through native VPN protocols like L2TP / IPSec, IPSec, PPTP, OpenVPN, or WireGuard.
- NordVPN: NordVPN is another VPN service for Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Android TV. Based in the Netherlands and Lithuania, the United Kingdom was developed by Nord Security. NordVPN routes the internet traffic of all the users by a remote server which is run by the service. It thus hides the IP address and encrypts all outgoing and incoming data.
- BullGuardVPN: BullGuard VPN is a top-rated VPN that allows the user complete protection and anonymity online. BullGuard also unblocks unlimited content from all over the Internet.
#5. Video/Audio Media Players
- VLC Media Player: Also known as VLC is an open-source and free, cross-platform, portable media player as well as a streaming media server. It was created by the VideoLAN project. The VLC media player is available for web browsing systems and helps in playing almost all multimedia files.
#6. Graphics and Video Editors,
- Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop software is a raster graphics editor. It was developed and published by Adobe Inc. for macOS and Windows. Adobe Photoshop is used for compositing digital art, graphic design, editing photographs, and animating. It comes with some unique professional tools which enable the artists to ‘bring in life to their ideas.
- Adobe Premiere Pro: Adobe Premiere Pro is software which is a timeline-based video editing software application. It was developed by Adobe Inc. and was later published as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud licensing program.
- Filmora Video Editor: Filmora is video editor software that has endless features. Filmora has an intuitive interface and comes at an affordable price. It is excellent software for creating online videos.
#7. Documentation & Notekeeping Tools
- MSOffice Suite: MS Office Suite is a software program that includes Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft OneNote. All these come in one package and are the most used software all over the globe.
- For PDF : Adobe PDF Reader, PDFChef by Movavi, PDF Expert (for Mac): Adobe PDF Reader is one of the client software that is developed and is freely distributed by Adobe for viewing and printing PDF files.
PDFChef by Movavi is a program that is multifunctional and is used to edit PDFs. Users can add and edit text, resize and insert images. PDFChef by Movavi editor also allows users to delete, rearrange, and rotate pages.
PDF Expert is a PDF editing app primarily for Mac,iPhone, and iPad. It gives the option to a user to annotate, read and edit PDFs. The user can also change the text as well as images. They can also fill in forms and also sign contracts.
- NotePad: Notepad is an easy text editor for Windows. It helps the user in creating and editing text documents. Notepad was first released in 1983. It was released in order to commercialize the use of computer mouse in MS-DOS.
- Evernote: Evernote is developed for taking notes, task management, organizing, and archiving. It also allows the users to make notes which can be audio and images and save web content as well. The notes stored in Evernote can be edited, searched, tagged, annotated, and exported.
- Google Keep: Google Keep is a service that is used for note-taking. This service comes free and is included as a part of the Google Docs Editors by Google. . The service also includes Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Drawings, Google Docs, Google Forms, and Google Sites.
#8. System Cleanup, Maintenance, Partition & other utilities
- IOBIT for improving system performance, disc booster and AI driven System Care and more: It provides the users with innovative system security and utilities for high-class PC performance and security. Company was founded in 2004 and has achieved 100 awards with 500 million downloads globally. IObit is one of the most popular in computer optimization as well as security software.
- AOMEI Partition Assistant/ Discpart: AOMEI Partition Assistant is a great tool for partition management of hard disks from AOMEI Technology. Co.Ltd. The software can create, delete, resize, split, and merge partitions with ease. It also has some advanced features like conversion of files from NTFS to FAT32, also converting MBR and GPT disk, and making bootable media.
- CC Cleaner & Defraggler for PC & Hard Disc Optimization: Developed by Piriform, CCleaner is a utility that is used to remove unwanted files as well as invalid Windows Registry entries in the computer. Originally developed for Windows, a macOS version was released not long ago. A freemium defragmentation utility by Piriform is Defraggler. It can defragment files or entire disk partitions.
#9. Communication, Sharing & Collaboration
- TeamViewer: TeamViewer is a remote access and control software, it allows maintenance of computers with ease. It was first released in 2005 and is essential software for and PC.
- Shareit: SHAREit is peer-to-peer file-sharing software by Smart Media4U Technology Pte. Ltd. It makes sharing files, movies, and music very easy.
- Teracopy: TeraCopy is a popular freemium file transfer utility. It makes data transfer easy, fast, and secured with abilities to pause or resume transfers.
- FileZilla: FileZilla is a free and open-source, cross-platform File transfer application, the transferred files through the FTP. It is an essential application for any remote file transfer.
- Whatsapp: WhatsApp is a free, cross-platform instant messaging and VoIP service owned by Facebook. It is an essential tool for text and voice communication.
#10. Screen Capture, record
- Lightshot: Lightshot is the quickest and easiest way to take customizable screenshots. It has a simple interface. It takes a screenshot and shares it in a few clicks.
- Movavi Screen Recorder: Movavi Screen Recorder is a type of screenshot program and also an audio and video grabber. The screen capture tools in Movavi Screen Recorder allow the user to take screenshots and record any screen video. It is very user-friendly and the best one for everyday use.
#11. Other Important Lifestyle, Personalization Tools
- Telegram: Telegram is a cross-platform, freeware, cloud-based instant messaging system. Telegram service also provides end-to-end, VoIP, file sharing, encrypted video calling, and several other features.
Now that you have got an idea of what the most needed and popular software is, you can choose the best one for your laptop or computer for smooth and easy access. one very important thing that you must remember is to always use the original version so that your laptop and computer remain secure as well as your data and files.
You may also like