Are you facing difficulty in deciding whether Adobe Spark or Illustrator is suitable for your business purpose? Then, you’ve got the right place to find the right one for you. Here we shall figure out the Adobe Spark vs Illustrator debate from a holistic approach & hope this will help you to finalize the one that is suitable for you.
Arguably, both Adobe Spark and Illustrator are specially designed to create impressive visuals with ease. But some assured differences help to decide easily. This post will explain an in-depth look at the features and tools that help determine quickly.
But before we start, let us know about both these tools with little depth.
- A Quick Comparison between Adobe Spark and Illustrator
- Adobe Spark
- Adobe Illustrator
- Things to Consider While Selecting Any One from Adobe Spark & Illustrator
- Key FAQs
- Final Verdict
A Quick Comparison between Adobe Spark and Illustrator
|Quick Comparison Features||Adobe Spark||Adobe Illustrator|
|User Interface||Very User Friendly||A little Complicated|
|Customer Support||85%||100% customer support|
|Price||Start at $9.99 per month||Start at $20.99 per month|
|Integration||Integration with limited devices||Quick integration with other devices|
|Compatibility||Seamless compatibility with devices||Not compatible with all computers|
What is Adobe Spark?
Must be remembered that, Adobe Spark is now Creative Cloud Express
Adobe Spark is the blend of three different Adobe products: Spark Page, Spark Post, and Spark Video. This is specially designed for the educational establishment and small businesses engaged in short video tutorial production.
You can take the leverage of the entire business suite from the app on mobile devices. It also contains various essential features that are simplest, eye-pleasing, understandable and profitable for Business Startups.
Adobe Spark: Key Features and Advantages
There are a lot of features and functions offered by Adobe Spark, which are as follows:
- User-Friendlyness: Spark is extremely user-friendly. It allows you to post videos and navigate the page easily. However, it cannot be replaced with the programs that the content creators use. But it is free to use, making an appealing approach for those who have a tight budget.
- Exciting Templates: Unlike other alternatives, Spark offers exciting templates and allows you to customize the themes according to your website preference. With this, you will be able to personalize the themes and make your vision more appealing. Apart from this, the free version allows you to have customized backgrounds.
- Photo Library: Spark offers an exclusive photo library that you can add to your projects. Moreover, you can also upload your customized images. There are other impressive tools, and photo editing features available to customize your pictures.
- Instant Scrolling One-page Websites: Being an entrepreneur, you understand how time-consuming and tedious it is to make a website. But this software makes this process everything a breeze. You can use this software which is a one-page Spark website. Hence, you can add content as much as you can.
- Improved Functionality: Adobe Spark features three distinctive services; Spark Video provides you proper Functionality. Spark Page allows creating the best website, whereas the Spark Post helps create the best graphics with the following features: overlays, text, filters, and other things.
Disadvantages / Limitations
Although Adobe Spark offers great features and functionalities, still it lacks on few areas
- Lack of Customization Options: Adobe Spark misses some customizable options. Also, the number of adjustments is quite limited. Moreover, you only be able to change the color and font of the content. Apart from this, you need to pass through the cycle of variability.
- The trouble with Video Templates: You may get various troubles with templates. While picking the video templates, you might sometimes accidentally redirect to the graphics section instead of reaching the video editor. This can also create a lot of confusion while using the site for the first time.
- It Doesn’t Save the Files of the Logo: The most annoying thing about Adobe Spark is after closing the program, the work result instantly disappears. Hence, you can create the account if you want to save the work instantly.
What is Illustrator?
Adobe Illustrator is one of the best graphic design software that helps to edit and create vector graphics. It helps to create colorful icons, eye-catching logos, typography, and images. It also contains various professional tools that help to work freely.
This is a modern, customizable, and user-friendly interface that helps to optimize the task and performance. It creates multi-functional professional tools that help to save time and effort.
Illustrator: Key Features and Advantages
It offers various features and functionality that make your task easier.
- Efficient Drawing Tools: Illustrator has various drawing tools such as Pixel Perfect. These kinds of tools allow you to produce various web graphics. Also, the puppet-built tools allow you to create various shapes precisely, such as ellipse, pen, and rectangle.
- Multi-Functional: This Illustrator software offers you the multi-functional advantage that allows you to create the customized pictures and various videos. Moreover, you can also work with few elements, such as bitmap elements like images drawn from photographs.
- Various Plugins: Illustrator is already justifying the features and offers you various tier plugins. Moreover, you will also have a plethora of built-in plugins and many custom designs. By using them, you can create various designs that make the website more impressive.
- Improved Slicing Function: It also offers you various slicing functions and cutting tools. These kinds of slicing functions help to achieve better controls on lines and shapes. Moreover, you will also get the Navigator tab that contains various impressive tools such as merging, splitting, and intersecting. These kinds of tools help understand the results remarkably.
- Quick Integration with Other Products: The best part about this tool is you can even work progressively more efficiently. It offers you quick integration with all other software such as Photoshop, Lightroom, and InDesign. However, it also offers small AI files such as PNG, JPEG. EPS, TIFF, PDF, and INX.
- Compatible on All Computers: This software works with all the computers. If you consider this as the distinctive feature for Adobe Spark and Illustrator, then the latter wins.
Limitations / Disadvantages
- No Beginner Friendly: The Illustrator has a complicated program and has various extensive features. This is why it is not so beginner-friendly. Due to full feature resources, the operation is quite slow.
Things to Consider While Selecting Any One from Adobe Spark & Illustrator
There are a lot of things you can consider while deciding the best from them. But here, we’ll explain to you some of the key aspects which you can consider.
1. Price Comparison
Whenever it comes to choosing between Adobe Spark and Illustrator, pricing is always a concern. But thankfully, both of the software come in an affordable range.
Adobe Spark Pricing Plans
- Starter Plan: It is available for free.
- Individual Plan: This allows multiple works such as photo library, templates, and watermark in just $9.99/month
- Team Plan: Multiple users can use this software and 24/7 customer tech support at just $9.99 per month.
Adobe Illustrator Pricing Plans
- Single App Plan: It is available at $20.99 per month. This plan offers 100GB of cloud storage.
- All App Plan: It is available at $52.99 per month.
Adobe Spark may win here. But the Illustrator may offer multi-functional programs for better graphics. On the other hand, Spark offers better AI and UX in such an affordable range. Moreover, the software is easy to use.
Hence Adobe Spark seems to be having an upper hand.
2. Free Trial
Illustrator does come with a free trial option to try the software before you invest.
However, on the other side, Adobe Spark offers you free basic plans. But in the free plan, you will get a few features only.
Links to free trial:
By and large, both of them ticks the boxes here.
3. Supported Platforms
Both these platforms offer huge compatibility with several devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, iPad, and others. But when it comes to comparing both the software programs, we find that Adobe Spark is not compatible with all computers and Macs.
So, here you can say that Illustrator wins the battle. It offers compatibility with all devices such as Windows, Mac, iPad, Android, Mac, and SAAS.
Both the programs offer training on various platforms in various forms. Illustrator provides you training in documentation and webinars form. On the other hand, Spark offers training only in the form of documentation. It doesn’t offer you training through the webinars.
Illustrator wins on training parameters.
5. Drawing Tools
There is always a long debate between Spark and Illustrator when it comes to having drawing tools. As you see, Illustrator offers a lot of drawing tools such as Pixel Perfect and others. With these tools, you can customize your image. On the other hand, Spark offers comparatively fewer drawing tools as compared to Illustrator.
So, we can say that here Illustrator wins.
Both software goes hand in hand here because Adobe Spark offers impressive templates, whereas Illustrator offers various plugins.
Both of these offer customized templates and plugins that help make your website more impressive and user-friendly.
Q. Which one of these is better, Adobe Spark or Illustrator?
A. Both are good on their own. But if you see the video graphics, templates, and Functionality, Illustrator is good for you. However, when it comes to having a user interface, then Spark is excellent software to have.
Q. What features does Adobe Spark offer?
A. Spark offers interesting templates, web-graphic, videos, and other impressive tools that make your website appealing. Moreover, with the help of these tools, you can create customized web pages and content fonts.
Q. Is Illustrator being suitable for website graphics?
A. Yes, Illustrator offers complete custom graphics for website designing.
Here, we end the debate between Adobe Spark and Illustrator. Both the software are quite impressive in making the website more impressive. Spark offers a user-friendly interface and customized themes. But the Illustrator is far better, offering a myriad of drawing tools and graphic designs. Overall, if you need the plugins and customizable drawing tools, Illustrator is excellent. In contrast, Spark offers Functionality and a fair price.