Let’s not discuss the philosophy part here, we are just showing the similarity between these four religions Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism & Jainism – originated in undivided India without using any complex theory.At the same time please do not see this article against any other religion.
How history & legal books have differentiated between these four religions and many effort were made to prove that how much they differ with each other. The points I am taking here from our day to day life, which everyone can easily understand and correlate.
No religion is big or small and every single religion guides us to connect with the Supreme Power.
10 Similarities/proximity in Four Indian Religions
1 . This is an effort to remind them that “How close they are to each other ” !All four religions see “OM” or Omkar/Onkar as a sacred Mantra chant. Normally mantra’s starts from “OM” in these religions. OM is pronounced as omkara , aumkara , ek aumkara in all these religions.Om is mentioned in every religion sacred books.
2. None of the religion believe in or encourage Conversion from other faiths.
3. You see two idols in most of the household in India, irrespective of their religion–Lord Ganesha & Buddha.
4. Lord Shiva, Balaji, Hanuman ji, Durga Mata Temple, Gurudwara, Buddha Stupas, Jainism places are being visited by all four sects with full devotion and respect.
5. No one can guess from our name that which sect we follow.
6. We all celebrate Holi, Diwali, Ganesh Puja, Baisakhi, Lohri,Shivaratri,Hanuman Jayanti with ease.
7. We all correlate our lives with Hindi films and every story seems to our own story.
8. Historical places across country have Hindu, Buddhist, Jain sign & idols.
9. All four religion pay high esteem towards vegetarianism.
10. Matrimonial relation :
•Business owner families have hindu & Jain relatives & matrimonial relation for ages.
•There are many Punjabi families where one brother is Sikh and other one is Hindu and they have matrimonial relationships.
•There are many families of Hindu & Buddhist relatives who follow & respect each others customs.
Everyone from all four sects feel pride to sing ” Vande Mataram ” , ” Jana Gana man ” & culturally all are same and everyone say with pride that ” Bharat Mata Ki Jai “.
Your valuable comments are most welcome & surely will encourage us to come up with more article with Discover mind.
Please like & follow us on WordPress, facebook , twitter .