One third of the internet traffic is generated by websites running on WordPress platform. It has become such a big and versatile platform, that most of the bloggers & businesses don’t even think about anything else. When someone want to create a professional website, first question arises about what type of WordPress website they want? WordPress hosted or Self-hosted. If its WordPress hosted then obvious choice should be WordPress.com Business Plan. WordPress Business plan is truly a hassle-free platform to create powerful website. We answer few questions about WordPress business plan, its pros & cons in this review.
WordPress Business plan Reiew: Is it worth opting, Pros & Cons
- WordPress & other choices?
- WordPress Business plan
- Features & Advantages
- Price comparison with self-hosted WordPress
- WordPress Business plan pros & cons
1. WordPress & other choices?
First of all, you have to decide the path you have to take, in order to create a professional website.
You have three choices:
WordPress.com or WordPress Hosted website
It is the hassle free WordPress hosted website builder. You may create free website and also choose from four paid plans – Personal, Premium, Business & eCommerce. If you are serious and want a hassle-free professional website, then you should definitely go for Business Plan. Business plan gives you the freedom to focus on your business or content, rest of the things will be taken care by WordPress.com.
WordPress.org or self-hosted website
You may choose any of the WordPress hosting provider and start designing your website. You have to get the WordPress theme, Premium plugins like SEO and other must-have plugins, back-up etc. If you are not satisfied with the hosting provider, you may choose other one. All Hosting providers use WordPress.org, in order to provide you WordPress platform.
Other website builders
There are some other good website builders, you may choose:
- Wix Website builder
Based on your specific requirement and the level of customization, you may choose the platform of your choice.
Here we mainly compare & review WordPress.com i.e. WordPress hosted platform along with its pros & cons.
WordPress Business plan comes in $25 per month for yearly billing cycle.
WordPress business plan allows you to create the website by choosing a theme and further customize to the level, it allows. By opting for this plan, you need not to worry about premium themes, essential paid plugins, storage, technical support, website backup and many other things, which matters a lot for webmasters.
3. Features & Advantages
Features & advantages:
- Access to unlimited premiun themes at no additional cost;
- Wesbite backup from VaultPress;
- It allows you to install essential plugins like Yoast SEO and many more;
- 24×7 technical support;
- Get telephonic personalized help for once over a one-to-one call with WordPress Professional;
- Create your own brand & logo, remove WordPress.com branding;
- Monetize your site with advertizes;
- Receive payments;
- SEO tools, advanced social media and Google analytics integration;
- VideoPress support, which allows you to embed your videos on this lightweight and responsive video player;
- 200GB of storage space.
4. Price comparison with self-hosted WordPress
|WordPress.com Business plan||Self-hosted WordPress|
|Domain cost||– on an average $15 for buying a domain|
– One free domain you get in this plan
|on an average $15, you may also check for offer from Hosting provider|
|Web-Hosting cost||no additional cost||from $70-100 per year|
|Premium themes||Provides lots of options in Premium themes at no additional cost, however you may buy any other theme of your choice and install.|
Best part is, if one premium theme doesn’t suite you, you may try any number of other premium themes at no extra cost
|from $70 to $90|
|Paid Plugns||– no additional cost|
– With busines plan, you get thousands of plugins at no extra cost
|from $100 to 250|
|Website setup cost||no additional cost, you may take the guidance from technical support||DIY free or pay upto $90 to hire a professional to install WordPress & install themes,plugins etc.|
|Total estimated cost||$300 to $315 per year||$255 to $550|
5. WordPress Business plan pros & cons
- No worries about any technicality of running a website.
- Powerful Gutenberg editor for an impressive blog or articles.
- 24×7 live chat support, which usually responds within 10 seconds
- Highly skilled technical support professionals, who can resolve any technical issue. Even once you tell them problem over chat, they may correct it at their-end on your behealf.
- Highly secures environment.
- Access to premium themes, that are paid otherwise.
- SEO tools like Yoast SEO plugin.
- Easy migration from WordPress.com to self-hosted WordPress.
- Beyond a certain level, you may not customize the site.
- Mobile version of website is not customizable.
- You have togo through a small period of WordPress learning curve
You might also like